Looking for anything in particular?

Monday, October 26, 2009

Fight Fight Fight!!! Maroon, Black and White!!!

This Sunday..well it was my dads birthday but that's not relevent, love you dad :)..But I also went to my cousins football game. Now my cousin Desmond, he's a beast! Dude I swear he so tall and "ocky-dock" ish (a word we use in our family for clumsy and awkward and non-gracious, which I always thought was a real word but its not). But despite his tall, awkward self, he manages to make himself agile enough to work his way through a crowd of football payers and sack that quarter-back! Every time! I'm tellin' you, he just comes out of nowhere! And of course the cheerleader in me, and the family pride in me..came out and I was jumping up and down, screaming my head off, going bonkers for him, yelling my famous line at the top of my lungs, "THAT'S MY COUSIN!!!". But it made me think...I was so proud of him and I wanted, not just him, but everyone else at the game, to know it, but why don't I do that with God? Why don't I jump up and down, pointing to heavens, losing my voice, yelling, "THAT'S MY LORD!!!!!"? That's my Lord...

"Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, 'Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.'"
-Psalm 35:27

No comments:

Post a Comment