Looking for anything in particular?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Right Where I Left Him

Well..I found my Bible. =] Guess where it was? Right where I left it..In the Youth Room/Fellowship Hall. It made me think about an illustration used in a sermon once in my church it was about a married couple who, at the beginning of there marriage, would always drive in his pick up truck very close together. As the years went by, the wife moved closer and closer...to the door. lol One day she asked,"Hunny why is it you're so far away from me?" and he answered, "Dear, I've got the wheel, I haven't moved." Sometimes, that how our relationship with God is. He's got the wheel, we're the ones who move farther and farther away from him with a fog of sin between us. He turned on AC and blew away all that fog its up to us to scoot closer to him. Amen? God doesn't turn his back on us; he's waiting, with arms wide open, for us to come back to him.

When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son." And he said to [his brother], "your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found."
Luke 15:20-21,31

No comments:

Post a Comment