Looking for anything in particular?

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

God's Sorrow vs Our Own

Ok so today I was deeply troubled by the distress of another friend. I was really worried and didn't know what was going on and so I kinda freaked out. Now I know everything is somewhat ok and am a little more at peace but it made me think, I have never felt this bad about someone else's problems (for lack of a better word) and I think that's a problem. I mean not so much of my friends' problems but what about God's problems...? Ephesians 4:30 says God looks down on us and grieves over our disobedience. So why don't I feel grievous over MY OWN "problems"..or sin? I want to feel that same deep compassion over my sin as I do with my friends' pain. I also realize now that worrying and getting all worked up over worldly things is useless. There's no way that my tears could fix any problem; I needed to trust it to God hands in order to find that peace.

For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death
2 Corinthians 7:10

No comments:

Post a Comment